Last Updated 15h January 2018
Copyright © 2009 -
The Cricketers has been an Ale House since around 1850 at which time it was called ‘The Live and Let Live’.
The licence was obtained by William Barber, a carpenter by trade, on this newly built cottage.
In 1851 George Oliver, a brewer in Baldock took a mortgage on the property.
In 1864 the property was taken over by the Hitchin brewer Samuel Lucas, after which it was known as ‘The Cricketers’